One of the major events on the shipping industry’s calendar, Posidonia International Shipping Show, is set to open its doors on June 6 at the Athens Metropolitan Expo.
Until June 10, the exhibition will provide delegates and hosts with a much-anticipated platform to learn, interact and network after a four-year hiatus since it was last held in its traditional physical format.
According to the organizer Posidonia Exhibitions, the program of conferences and seminars of Posidonia 2022 dive deep into critical issues facing the global maritime community as the global economy tries to concoct antidotes to heal the wounds of the ongoing war in Ukraine and the severe side effects of the Covid-19-induced pandemic.
The impact of Skyrocketing energy prices, broken supply chains and upcoming environmental regulations puts pressure on shipowners and fleet operators to ensure profitability, shareholder value and 90% of global trade, making June’s Posidonia Expo a must-attend event, not only for maritime stakeholders, but also for decision-makers , regulators and policy makers as well as government officials, world leaders, analysts and academics.
“Our program’s lineup of distinguished speakers and rich content of inspirational keynotes, thought-provoking panel discussions, powerful presentations, seminars and workshops are designed to spark the entrepreneurial spirit of the international maritime community in its quest of success during these challenging economic and geopolitical circumstances,” said Theodore VokosManaging Director, Posidonia Exhibitions SA
the TradeWinds Shipowners Forum will kick off the conference program with a thought-provoking discussion on how to manage the defining challenge of decarbonization. Themed “Seizing the Moment of the Energy Transition”, TradeWinds’ flagship forum will feature three solid round tables and present networking opportunities with peers and leading industry players.
Additionally, the Posidonia conference agenda will include:
- a round table on importance of decarbonization for shipowners will be hosted by BIMCO, the world’s largest direct membership organization for shipowners.
- the 3rd Seminar on Trade in US Waterswhich will focus on the energy transition.
- “Digitalization Demystified” and “All hands on Deck: Shaping the future of Seafaring”: two sessions of the inaugural Seatrade Maritime Summit in association with the Global Maritime Club.
- a series of panels from Capital Link Forum which will address a wide range of issues impacting the industry, such as supply and demand challenges, LNG/LPG, green shipping, digitalization and financing difficulties.
- HELMEPA Conference which will showcase sustainable shipping with a panel discussion featuring three generations of distinguished Greek shipowners and cross-industry leaders from the international community
- the highly interactive and engaging SHARK TANK Eventwhere young entrepreneurs will be offered the opportunity to present their ideas for innovative technologies advancing the shipping industry to an audience of shipowners and potential investors.
- WISTA HELLAS Women at Sea Event entitled “How close are we to gender diversity on board? seeks to identify the reasons for the low number of female seafarers on board and examine whether we need more effective policies for the advancement of women’s maritime careers.
- This year’s version of YES to shipping forum will offer students, graduates and young maritime executives the opportunity to meet and interact with the companies exhibiting at Posidonia 2022 and also to attend a panel discussion on career opportunities in the maritime transport industry.
For more information on the program of upcoming Posidonia 2022 conferences and seminars, click here: https://posidonia-events.com/events/conferences-and-seminars/
Posidonia is organized under the auspices of the Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Island Policy, the Union of Greek Shipowners and the Hellenic Chamber of Navigation and with the support of the Municipality of Piraeus and the Greek Committee for Maritime Cooperation.
To follow GTP headlines on Google News to keep up to date with all the latest news on tourism and travel in Greece.