The total number of digital services of the Municipality of Athens now stands at 118 after the addition of 14 new ones, which are available to its citizens from today.
The entry in the men’s register, the request for deletion or the transfer certificate which – as an indication – belong to the “high demand” services, will now be provided electronically, thus allowing Athenians to be served in a short time. time, avoiding any kind of inconvenience.
The digitization of services has been, since the start of the pandemic, one of the main priorities of the municipal authority, which aims to avoid overcrowding the services of the Municipality of Athens, but also to considerably facilitate citizens and professionals. of the city in their daily life.
The e-service platform for citizens and professionals (https://eservices.cityofathens.gr) which has been developed and continuously updated by DAEM SA (Company for the development of computerization and business units of the Municipality of Athens) allows interested persons to obtain certificates, attestations and documents, in a few clicks from their home. Requests that previously took days or even weeks to process are now handled quickly via the online platform.
The response is already very high and according to the data, over a period of 20 months, a total of 130,000 citizens and businesses have registered on the platform. During the same period, more than 104 requests were processed electronically for the 128,000 digital services.
âThe challenge of transforming Athens into a ‘smart’ city is winning day by day. With the 14 new services, the digital âmapâ of services created by the Municipality of Athens expands, offering the possibility for every Athenian citizen or professional to be served at the best possible time, hassle-free and in complete safety. âAthens has set the bar high in the demands of the new digital age, thereby improving the quality of life for people who live and work in the city,â said the mayor of Athens, Costas Bakogiannis.
What are the new online services?
The following 14 services are added to the digital services ‘fan’ provided by the Municipality of Athens:
1. Issuance of a permit for the installation of metal barriers on the sidewalk (protective guardrail)
2. Issuance of a sidewalk repair permit
3. Issuance of an authorization to downgrade the roadway for the entry – exit of cars
4. Issuance of a permit for the occupation of a common space for technical – construction works
5. Issuance of an extension of the permit for the occupation of a common space for technical – construction works
6. Return of a letter of guarantee for the issuance of a permit for the occupation of a common space for technical – construction works
7. Construction of an external branch of a property (connection to a permanent sewer network)
8. Registration in the Register of minor male children of naturalized parents
9. Request for deletion from the men’s register
10. Request for rectification of incorrect data
11. Request for modification of data due to the identification of a child out of wedlock
12. Request for modification of data due to adoption
13. Removal from the men’s register due to a change in physical condition
14. Certificate of transfer to the men’s register
The process of issuing the certificate
To access the platform, it is necessary to use the taxisnet codes. Following the instructions, citizens submit their request to the relevant address of the Municipality of Athens and are then informed electronically (via their digital mailbox) of the timeframe for processing their request. Once the process is complete, the certificate (or document) is issued electronically.